IELTS is designed to assess the language ability of individuals who wish to study or work in a place where English is the language of communication.
This course will prepare you for the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) exam. IELTS is designed to assess the language ability of individuals who wish to study or work in a place where English is the language of communication.
IELTS is recognised by over 6000 organisations worldwide, including universities, employers, professional bodies, immigration authorities and other government agencies.
Yorkshire English School is proud to have an excellent IELTS Preparation course. We recommend a minimum course duration of 4 weeks, although a shorter length can also be arranged.
Our course covers all four aspects of the exam; reading, writing, speaking and listening. At YES, IELTS preparation is provided by our experienced specialist teachers who will help you to develop exam skills and strategies, as well as complete practice tests under exam conditions. You will learn how to analyse text and data, and how to write about them during the test.
To enrol, you will need to have a current IELTS score of 5.5 overall. If you have not yet taken the IELTS test, you can take an entry test at our school, complete a writing task and have a short speaking interview so that we can establish whether or not your English is at a suitable level for you to study on the course. If it’s not, it may be that a General English course is a better starting point for you.
What’s included in the price?
- Welcome information pack
- Placement test on arrival, weekly progress tests and regular homework
- Teaching/learning materials
- Use of the computer learning centre
- Wireless internet throughout the school
- Certificate of completion at the end of your course
Why choose the IELTS Course?
The programme is ideal for you if:
- you wish to familiarise yourself with the format and content of the IELTS test
- want to practise the skills you need and receive guidance on exam technique
- you want to learn how to avoid those unwanted mistakes that may bring down your score
- you want to widen your vocabulary and polish up your grammar
- The course will help you to develop strategies/techniques to help you deal with the test confidently
- It can help you to improve your skills in Listening for information – Reading for gist and for detailed information
- Written exercises and tests that will strengthen your overall English language skills
- Essential skills to speak confidently through practice tests under exam conditions
- The course focuses on the 4 skills of writing (sentences, paragraphs, essays, reports), reading (specific information, main idea), speaking (discussions, seminars, presentations) and listening (lectures, live lectures, interaction)
- It enables you to improve your knowledge of grammar and vocabulary
- Lots of opportunities to practise your English and build on your reading, writing and listening skills as well as your spoken accuracy and pronunciation
- It also prepares you for the exam by practising lots of past tests
You have the option to take additional one-to-one lessons to improve specific areas such as your vocabulary, learning about idioms or general pronunciation practice.
One-to-one lessons are useful just before an examination, job interview or university interview.
You can take one-to-one lessons in areas including:
- Exam Preparation
- Academic Study Skills
IELTS Preparation starts every Monday (except public holidays and on 24 December as we are closed for the Christmas holidays).
22.5 hours per week (30 Lessons)